Updated Policies Due to COVID-19
This communication is to address the actions that Plymouth Christian School has put into place as related to the Coronavirus, also referred to as COVID-19. We want to assure all of you that our staff continues to work diligently, behind the scenes, to increase preventative measure and develop a continuation plan should this virus reach Plymouth Christian School.
We firmly believe that prayer and preparation are our best defense in dealing with the COVID-19. Thus, for the last two weeks, Plymouth Administration has been preparing for the possible scenarios related to the Coronavirus and ensuring the right plans and resources are in place, defined principally by guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Plymouth is committed to caring for the health of our students. The Administration has recently attended 3 Coronavirus COVID-19 seminars, educating themselves on the virus and what procedures and precautionary measures need to be in place here at Plymouth, as well as learning the legal and reporting aspects of this situation should an employee, child or parent visiting our campus knowingly share that they’ve been exposed to COVID-19, and/or have tested positive for the virus.
While we know that each person will have similar and different questions, we thought it best to address what we identified as the urgent FACTS, CONCERNS & ANSWERS that relates to our school community, and how you as parents can help.
- The Administration is taking their briefing daily from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- We are in daily communication with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), getting updates and any information that we’ll need to assimilate, though the information is fluid, we want to have the current information so we’ll know how to proceed to keep our students and staff as protected as we can.
- The Administration has been proactive in having the Janitorial Staff to use Lysol and Clorox Bleach to wash down entry ways, doorknobs, knobs on toilets and faucets, classroom chairs and desk, keyboards, sink basins, Computer Lab, gate-entry ways, stairway railings, toys, games, recess and PE equipment.
- We are reminding students about GOOD HYGIENE PRACTICES, that they are to wash their hands with soap and water every time that they go to the restroom and blow their nose. We are also reminding students that they are to sneeze in the cup of their inner arm towards their elbow.
- Staff serving food or nutrition will continue to use the food service gloves as always.
- Staff is limiting their hugs, HIGH 5’s, and any physical contact with children
- The Administration team will meet daily to discuss what adjustments need to be put in place as things change, and to make decisions in the best interest of the families and children we serve.
- As of this communication, we do not have any reported cases of Coronavirus within our staff, student body, or the Plymouth Community.
CONCERNS & ANSWERS
- SICK CHILDREN-Please continue to follow the guidelines in the Parent Handbooks regarding sick children. If you’re unsure about what your child’s illness might be, here are the guidelines:
- Common Cold-Sore or scratchy throat, cough, runny nose, stuffy nose, mild fever
- FLU-High fever (over 100.5), extreme exhaustion, muscle or body aches, dry cough, chills, stuffy nose, possible vomiting or diarrhea
- Coronavirus Symptoms-Fever, dry cough, noticeable shortness of breath, symptoms appear 2-14 days after exposure
- As always, school is not a place for sick children and parents will be called to pickup children who are sick.
- Will Plymouth Christian School close down? We will not close down unless we have received orders from the Health Dept to do so. Should that happen, families will be immediately notified.
- FIELD TRIPS-We will cancel our pending field trips to places that have over 250 people in attendance at once and tourist sites. To date, we have cancelled the following field trips: 1) Wetlands (3rd Grade), 2) US IOWA (3rd Grade), 3) San Juan Capistrano Mission (4th Grade)
- HOT LUNCH SERVICE-We will temporarily suspend our HOT LUNCH SERVICE with the District for the months of April-June. Every student will need to bring their own lunch each day starting March 23rd.
- Is there a protocol in place if someone at Plymouth becomes symptomatic? Yes.
- Will everyone be notified of who this person is? No. We will respect the privacy of the family at all costs, to include immediate dismissal of any of our families that we can prove are spreading information about the family, and immediately terminate any staff member who shares this information, should this sensitive information leak out.
PARENT CONNECTION AND HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Please notify Plymouth Christian School Administration immediately if you or someone in your family or workplace has been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please encourage GOOD HYGIENE PRACTICES with your child daily.
- Please notify Plymouth Christian School Administration if you are traveling outside of the USA.
- Please keep your child at home if they are sick.
- Please send the following products to school as you are able to-
- Sanitizing Clorox Wipes, Paper Towels, Bottled Water (cases), Lysol Spray, Hand Sanitizer
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the school office at (562) 695-0745.
Thank you for your continued support of Plymouth Christian School. We will continue to operate in the spirit of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and trust Him during this time.